Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tumbleweed Composters Make Me Eat Humble Pie


I can\'t keep in mind why I began off disliking the design and operation of Tumbleweed Composters. They looked awkward to me and unstable and challenging to use. Anyhow, I had to review them so I had to put my reservations aside and started to collect facts.

The extra facts I collected the more impressed I was. One thing that is not obvious in the publicity about backyard composters is the amount of difficulty in assembly. Even the smaller models come in fairly massive boxes which, right after unpacking, face you or some poor sucker you can persuade to support you, with the task of fitting the parts together.

Some composters look fantastic in the sales pages but are composed of so a lot of parts to fit together that they resemble a jig saw puzzle.

Even individuals with long expertise of assembling flat pack furniture have a struggle on their hands when their composter arrives!

But the Tumbleweed Composter is hassle-free to assemble. Basically it is just a barrel on legs. The barrel comes in 2 parts which fit together simply and the legs are tubular steel and they slot together effortlessly.

And the tumbling action is just as easy. This is just a case of definitely wonderful style and having a customer focus - both of which are very rare, that\'s why I was so surprised.

Creating the tumbling hassle-free is a biggie mainly because rotating or tumbling the bin mixes the contents up and mixes oxygen into the waste. And the bacteria which break the waste down to create fine compost for our gardens will need oxygen to live and do their work. And generating the tumbling uncomplicated sufficient to do every day speeds up the whole procedure.

So my review was superior than I thought. I felt idiotic actually having such an aversion with no real reasons.

Anyhow, when I\'m ready to acquire a tumbler composter for my garden I know which 1 I\'ll acquire - I\'ll follow my own advice!